...the oldest city of Germany
Enjoy the colourful hustle and bustle in the historic Old Town or the promenades of the Moselle shores. Impressive buildings such as the Porta Nigra, the Dom or the Kaiserthermen dominate the attractive cityscape.
Events in Trier
The Park Plaza Trier and the region have a vast number of events to offer you.
Trier in brief:
- Federal State Rhineland-Palatinate
- "In the heart of Europe" with close proximity to the borders of Luxembourg, Belgium, France and the Netherlands
- District city with a population of approximately 105,000 inhabitants
- Economic centre of the Mosel/Hunsrück/Eifel region
- University of Trier and University of Applied Sciences Trier with more than 20,000 students
- WIP Science Park in the nearby town of Petrisberg
- A vast number of places of interest
- 9 buildings that are included as UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Hometown of Karl Marx
- Moselle region, in the midst of countless wine-growing areas
- Numerous comprehensive excavations in the surrounding villages with findings from Roman times